Importance of SEO
You must have come across the term SEO, and are probably wondering why many are on the move towards getting their websites optimized. At first glance, one can assume that SEO is only a means to improve the quality of a website, and to pull in more visitors to it. But if you understand SEO better, you will realize that SEO can do a lot more for you whether you are a business owner or someone who is trying to do effective marketing. SEO is actually the key to accomplishing your online goals.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization or simply SEO is the strategy used to manipulate search results relevant to the keywords entered. In short, SEO can help your website appear number one in the SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Position). If for example your website is used in marketing automotive parts, then through SEO, your website can beat other similar websites in the Google, Yahoo or Bing searches by listing number one, or at least in the first page of the results. You should understand that if you cannot make it there, then you are not visible to your target audience. Whatever your goal is for running a site, it may not be accomplished if you are not using SEO.
Benefits of Using SEO
SEO can get your website a step ahead of the competition. So what can you get if you make it to number one? Below are just a few of the many ways by which SEO can work to your advantage.
- Increase website traffic. What would you need a website for if your target audience can’t see you? You entered the online world because you want to achieve something, but that won’t happen if you are not visible. With your website in the first page of the SERPs, the audience can feel your presence, and check what you have to offer. Whatever your purpose is – to give information, to sell products or services, or to help market other businesses – you are closer to it if you increase traffic to your site.
- Internet marketing. More and more consumers nowadays are turning to the internet when looking for an item to purchase. This is the reason most businesses, apart from the classical forms of advertising, also use the internet to disseminate information about their products or services. SEO makes use of internet marketing techniques such as email marketing, press releases, coupon distribution, etc. to attract more buyers.
- Increase brand awareness. With better web presence, you are allowing the target audience to remember the brand you are marketing. SEO helps create an impact to online consumers, which is very important if you intend to make a hit not just today but also for a long time. Even when you are only catering to a small geographic area, you are still likely to face competition. Other similar businesses in your area can be doing it too, and you should not let them reap all the rewards that come from that.
- Develop customer loyalty. Through SEO, your presence is always felt by your customers. For as long you are able to deliver their expected quality, SEO will do the rest in getting your customers to stick to your brand. Customers can easily turn to other websites at one instance that you are not found. Changing from one brand to another is just a click away; and it only takes SEO to prevent it from happening.
- Improve credibility. Many consumers think that search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing select websites by reputation. That, if your website is on top of the list, it is undoubtedly credible. But the truth is that, it is SEO that controls the game. Nevertheless, it is also a fact known to many, that search engines are likely to remove from its index those websites that have a bad name. Therefore, it only makes sense that you show the audience that your website can be trusted; and that is possible with the help of SEO.
- Increase revenues. This is usually the ultimate goal. You are aiming for more traffic to your site, and for consumers to think about your brand because these have monetary benefits. In terms of business this could mean higher revenues, and if you are doing internet marketing, then this would indicate more commissions.
SEO is what you need if you are serious about accomplishing your online goals. But SEO is very broad subject, and it can take years of practice before you are able to master the technique. The competition in the cyberspace is getting stiffer, and if you will not act today, your website may not get anywhere. It will help to consult an SEO expert who knows the ins and outs of optimization. That is, if you do not have a lot of spare time to devote to studying SEO.